Check out our 8 days Tibet tour:
– Weekly departures (contact us for more info)
– Small groups (limited to 12 people)
– Best prices
– Not a shopping tour
– Authentic Tibetan local custom experiences
– Hospitable local Tibetan guides
Lhasa – Gyantse –Shigatse – Everest Base
8 days tour in Tibet including visiting of Lhasa, the highest city in the world, the highest monastery in the world as well as overnight at Everest Base Camp! Make your dream come true!
Dates of departure and price:
October: 18, 20, 22, 24, 28, 30
November: 2, 7, 10, 14
Price: 6520 rmb / person
November: 18, 22, 27
December: 2, 6, 13, 19, 25, 30
January: 3, 10, 14, 24
February: 5, 19, 26
March: 13 (to be confirmed)
Price: 5920 rmb / person
April: 1, 3, 5, 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, 20, 22, 24, 27, 29
May: 1, 5, 7, 10, 12, 14, 17, 20, 23, 26, 29
June: 1, 3, 5, 8, 10, 12, 14, 17, 19, 22, 24
Price: 6520 rmb / person
July: 1, 6, 10, 15, 19, 22, 24, 29
August: 1, 6, 12, 16, 20
Price: 7420 rmb / person
August: 27, 29, 31
September: 2, 4, 6, 9, 11, 13, 15, 18, 20, 23, 25, 27, 29
October: 1, 4, 6, 9, 11, 14
Price: 6920 rmb / person
Welcome to Lhasa, capital of Tibet located at the height of 3650 meters!
Sera Monastery, founded in 1419, is one of the ‘great three’ university monasteries of Tibet, to witness the “Monk Debates” on the teachings of Buddha and the philosophy of Buddhism.
The Jokhang temple was constructed by King Songtsän Gampo probably in 642. The famous Buddhist Master Atisha taught here in the 11th century and it has been considered the most important temple in Lhasa ever since, remaining a key centre of Buddhist pilgrimage for centuries.
The Barkhor is an area of narrow streets and a public square located around Jokhang Temple, and was the most popular devotional circuit for pilgrims and locals. Now the area is famous for its multitude of market stalls, selling everything from devotional goods to silk cloth to trinkets and jewelry. There are also many restaurants selling both native and international cuisine.
The Potala Palace, which has 13 stories of buildings, containing over 1,000 rooms, 10,000 shrines and about 200,000 statues. The site was used as a meditation retreat by King Songtsen Gampo, who in 637 built the first palace there in order to greet his bride Princess Wen Cheng of the Tang Dynasty of China. The Dalai Lama and his government moved into the White Palace in 1649 and was used as a winter palace by the Dalai Lama from that time on.
Yamdrok tso, also known as the Turquiose Lake
Shigatse – the highest city in the world!
The huge Tashilhunpo Monastery, founded in 1447 by Gendun Drup, the First Dalai Lama. It is the traditional seat of the Panchen Lamas. In the 2nd week of the 5th lunar month (around June/July), Tashilhunpo Monastery is the scene of a 3-day festival and a huge thangka is displayed.
Old Tingri town: Places like Tingri will give you a true sense of what the real people of this area endure, with smiles on their faces, every day. This place will change you.
Gyatsola Pass at 5,220m., which is the highest enroute pass
Mt. Everest Base Camp (5200 meters!) and Himalayan peaks.
Rongbuk Monastery which is the highest monastery in Tibet, for breath-taking views of Mt. Everest
|WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING|
Documents for Tibetan permit:
2) Scanned copy of passport in color
3) Scanned copy of visa in color
4) Scanned copy of entry stamp in color
5) a) Scanned copy of work permit in color (with work visa)
b) Scanned copy of university enrollement in color (student visa)
6) Contact address, phone number and name for courier delivery of the permit (the permit is normally delivered 3-4 days before the trip)
PLEASE NOTE: The schedule may be adjusted due to weather conditions or unforeseeable events. If Tibet closes its border and no permit can be issued, full refund will be provided.
How to book:
1) FIll up the booking form on our website: www.wannatravelshanghai.com/book-now/
2) Send us a copy of your passport
3) BOOK YOUR SEAT by making 50% downpayment RMB deposit (the other 50% of the price needs to be paid 10 days before the trip)
4) Receive confirmation by email
Cancelation 1 month or more before the trip: cancelation fee is 20% of the price of the trip
Cancellation less than month before the trip: cancellation fee is 50% of the price of the trip
Cancellation less than 1 week before the trip: cancellation fee is 100% of the price of the trip
– Individual (single supplement – 1000-1300 rmb)
– Shared ( If you travel individually, you will need to share one room with another tourist. We will do our best to find room mate of the same gender, but in case of uneven number of participants gender difference will not be taken into consideration). In this case no need to pay single supplement.
Phone number: 13764884661